Monday, March 12, 2007

Uggh...we all have the sickies

We all have the sickies at this house :( Violet started coughing a few days ago and now Asher and I are hacking too. Just Aaron is healthy. There goes my "I haven't been sick all winter" streak. Lazy day today. I am feeling better about the whole Josh situation. I guess I just describe it as I feel peace...for now. I had a meeting with the Relief Society president yesterday. They have asked me to be a committee chair for the community outreach program. I am feeling pretty overwhelmed by this. I just feel like I lack the skills to do this effectively. I have been out of the work force for 3 years now and feel very self conscious about talking to people in a business sense now. They are wanting to host 2 classes every Saturday for 2 months at a women's shelter here in the city. I am trying to think of classes that these women would enjoy. I think maybe quilting, beading, writing, budgeting, parenting classes would be good. I am glad that it is not until May so I have some time to enlist some sisters and think of more ideas. So my friend Emily is going to take my kids pictures next week and I am so excited!! Her skills are amazing! I need to get Violet's hair cut before then. She is sporting the Carol Brady do right now! Here is Emily's blog: http://www.emilys-little-world.blogspot.com/
I did get to scrap the other night. This is for Meredith's team. I wanted to make this page very simple so that the photo would just pop. I used one of Holly McCaig's photo actions on it:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
check for credits in my gallery. I just adore this photo of Asher and love the way the page turned out! Well, I can't really think of anything else to write right now. Oh except the other day Asher said the funniest thing. We were making a bird house and he was so excited about the whole thing. When we were all finished he looked up at me and said "Mom, you are Bob the Builder!" LOL! So cute! I hope I am not that mannish :) Kidding aside I take that as a high compliment since Bob is one of Asher's idols. Also Violet has started talking in sentences this last week! This girl is just blossoming right before my eyes. I can't believe she will be two in June! Where has the time gone?

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

i LOVE the page... It uses colors I would use...
And of course, I LOVE the curled edge photo frame.

Ok. How do we get together so you can teach me? DO I bring Joe's laptop over to your place?

:)

Christine said...

Great page!!!

My daughter turns two in July!!

Lets cry together :)