Saturday, March 10, 2007

I am such a SMARTIE pants!!

Today was a bittersweet kind of day. Last night I got to go out to girls night. We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and then just browsed the mall. I of course could not buy anything, the $10 for dinner was enough with our budget :( It was really fun! When I got home and checked my email, I had one from Teresa Ferguson saying that I made it on her Creative Team! I am so excited and where I want to be with scrapping right now :) I made a page with Meredith Fenwicks Seafoam Kit. This is sweet Asher on the day that we got home from the Primary Children's Hospital:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used everything here by Meredith save the stitches which are by Syrin and the drop shadow which are by Traci Murphy. I love the soft colors of this kit. I still can't believe I get to scrap with all of her designs! for FREE!

Lauren Grier came out with this darling number today:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love these!!! So dang cute and can't wait to use them :)

So this morning I got to go and help out with the Habitat for Humanity house for the church. It was really fun to do! Loved the family and all the people that were there. What an awesome experience to be able to witness this family getting back on their feet and getting the home of their dreams! It was awesome. When I got home we decided to go to the zoo. In the meantime Diana called me and told me some very horrible news. Our friend Josh Ruzika had died last night due to a heroin overdose. I was so upset. I was so angry at first. I mean wake up guys! This is the third one to die from this! And all within the same group of friends. I just don't understand. He had moved to Florida last year to get away and had finally gotten clean. He must have relapsed and then died immediately. After the anger I was so sad for his wasted life and for the fact that I will never see him again. I have cried all day and my heart is aching so much. He was such a sweet and great person, I have so much love for him, I will miss him dearly. May you rest in peace Josh, you will be missed. I can't stop contemplating his friendship and him as person. Well anyways, we went to the zoo for about an hour and had a nice time. I really don't know what else to say at this point so I think I will stop here.

No comments: