Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yay, my second post!

I can't believe I am actually doing this journal thing two days in a row! Last night I went shopping at Toni Berman's store (www.tonibermanshoppe.com). We did a trade, I made her a custom beaded key chain in exchange for some goodies from her shop! What an awesome deal! Here is the key chain that I made:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
and here are the things that I got from her shop:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She is so talented and couldn't be nicer! Also on the 19th of this month I had a little TOOT! Over at Memory Makers magazine they have an idea gallery. I submitted one of my layouts and they chose it for the layout of the day there! Here is the layout the displayed:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Credits:
Flower overlay:Berna Datema "Bohemian Gipsy" (www.digitaalscrappen.nl)
Paper:"Sky Limit" Freebie (www.digitaalscrappen.nl)
Stamped Alpha: Michelle Coleman "Hand Stamped" Freebie from her blog (http://second-mile-freebies.blogspot.com/)
Jeweled Brads: Gina Miller freebie October Sampler (www.ginamillerdesigns.com)
Date Stamp: Miss Mint "Memory Date Stamps" (www.peppermintcreative.com)
Staple: Freebie from (www.digitalscrapbookplace.com
)

Meredith Fenwick(www.meredithfenwickdesigns.com) just came out with these awesome goodies and I can't wait to use them:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today was a wonderful day I must say. This morning Asher came in to our room and said "Mommy, I am hungry." I said "Ok just a minute." So he didn't come back for a while and I accidentally fell back asleep. When he came back he had brown all over his face and hands. I asked him what he had eaten (fearing the worst) and he said ice cream. There was a left over empty container that was in the garbage so according to him he would have gotten into the rancid nasty carton and eaten the disgusting remains. I however can't figure out how he got the lid back on perfectly. I mean come on the kid is only 3. So I just don't know. What I do know is that I should never be sleeping while that child is awake. So we all got up and dressed and then went over to my friend Jessica's for lunch. She made us a delicious lunch of chicken salad sandwiches rolled in walnuts! We had a yummy spritzer drink of punch and ginger ale. She sure knows how to treat a girl! It was just like a tea party (without any tea) ;) Then we went over to the park to feed the ducks with the kids. They had an absolute ball! Asher was so hilarious. He kept running over to the ducks and saying things like "Hi ducks, my name is Asher, what's your name" It was really funny. We went and played at the playground. I have noticed that Violet is a little dare devil and will try anything while Asher is much more reserved about heights. Violet loved the slide and just kept going up and down. Asher likes to explore much more and interact with the other kids. He kept introducing himself to everyone there. He found a little boy his own age and they started a trek up the stairs to the highest slide. About halfway up he stopped and turned to the other boy and said "We made it! My name is Asher, what's your name?" How cute is he? He just makes me smile that boy! He can be so frustrating and right as you are about to lose your mind he goes and does the cutest thing that just makes you melt. We came home just in time to see Aaron up and about and getting ready to go back into work. I am so dreading residency. I can hardly stand one week of seeing him only 45 minutes a day, I can't even fathom 4 more years. I am just so discouraged about this lately. It is really just so hard to be away from home and be alone all the time. It is so much harder with two little ones so close in age I am sure. I also remembered a really gross but funny thing that Asher said a while back. He has recently started the disgusting habit of picking his nose and eating it. So gross I know. Well the other day I caught him in the act and told him that it was yucky to eat your boogers and that he shouldn't do it. He looked at me in total seriousness and said "No Mommy, boogers are Gooitious (Delicious)!" I was trying so hard not to crack up because I really do think it is foul but I couldn't help it and started giggling like crazy. The way he says delicious is so cute. Oh and Violet has started to say other people's names not in her family! She knew Ava and Jessica's names and was calling to them all afternoon. Sigh...my baby is not a baby anymore no matter how much I will it to be. I am having such a hard time letting this one go. In the back of my mind I think it's because I want another baby, but I know that emotionally, financially, every other way it is not a possibility. I don't really think that I want to start the kids thing again after residency as Asher and Violet will be much older then. Who knows...I won't eliminate the thought completely. Well, I need to get the kiddos to bed, I am proud of my accomplishment of posting two days in a row and am motivated to do more. It actually feels very good to get all of my feelings and the memories down on "paper." Until tomorrow then.

4 comments:

Michelle Godin said...

LOL! Your boy sounds like quite the little character! And congrats on the Memory Makers honour! And an even bigger congrats for blogging 2 days in a row! LOL! I'm only just a beginner blogger to so I know the feeling. It really is great to have this little place to pour your heart out to. I hope you keep it up!

Lori said...

Congrats on starting your blog....I don't blog every day, but it is a great way to keep track of things. Sounds like your little guy keeps you busy... I learned very early on not to sleep when my 3 boys are awake LOL!

Amanda said...

That LO that was LO of the day is totally stunning!

The Kilps Family said...

Great start to your blog! It looks great! I love the layout you shared!